Monday, July 6, 2015

The Ultimate Fanboy Moment

Yesterday I experienced the ultimate Star Wars fanboy moment!  I had the immense pleasure of meeting this famous girl whom I've seen over and over again on YouTube (and so has more than 22 million other people)!  If you haven't seen her adorable video describing Star Wars: A New Hope, check it out below.


I saw her and her family and ran over to them to introduce myself and, not feeling at all ashamed, I went on to tell her I was one of her "fans" and that I had seen her on YouTube many times, loving it each time.  She just looked up at me with a big smile and beamed.  I got to spend just a short amount of time talking to her and her mom about Star Wars and her experience and I made a point to ask her if she was going to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens in December, and of course the answer was "yes!"  She was one of the coolest young Star Wars fans I've been able to meet, a young girl in a great family.

I absolutely loved every minute of the experience of talking to her and definitely had a big fanboy moment (still not ashamed).  Not that she is some super famous actress (like Carrie Fisher or Natalie Portman), but she is a young fan of Star Wars who is known throughout YouTube because of her video.  Even so, that is not what makes her special, what makes her special is that she is a kind young girl, living a normal life with her family.  I feel incredibly privileged to have gotten to meet her in person and not just know her by watching her video on YouTube when she was 3 and melting every time I see it (even though I'll still do just that).

Lastly, my two favorite lines from her:

"The shiny guy always worries." (referring to C-3PO)
"Don't talk back to Darth Vader, he'll getcha!"

If you want to read more, check out her dad's original blog post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment